ustwo™ has been built on culture, people and passion rather than cold business and that has created a truly special place to work. As designers we aim to challenge convention, and each other, to push for a superior solution. We seek the perfect balance between aesthetics and usability in our work in order to improve the quality of people’s lives.
Visual Designer (UI) - LondonApply
We’re after someone with experience in application design, user experience and someone who loves doing what they do. Whether you’re from an agency or client side we want a passionate designer who inspires their colleagues and clients.
You’ll be working within a mixed team of designers and developers and you’ll be responsible for creating beautiful graphic user interfaces. You must have attention to details and be pixel perfect in everything you do, making sure you deliver on time and on budget.
At ustwo™ we’re all about the family, so bring plenty of passion with you and help us make a difference. We believe in being open and honest and working hard and playing hard.
We’ll give you the opportunity to be yourself every single day of the week and to create your own path at ustwo™.
If you’re interested in this role, please send us your CV and covering letter.
Job Title:Visual Designer
Salary:Depending on experience
Benefits:Permanent roles: Pension, Private Medical and Life Assurance
Holidays:20 days per year (excluding bank holidays) plus additional holiday days between Christmas and New Years
Closing Date For Applications:Ongoing
Experience & SkillsMust have...
• Proven professional experience in the design and/or user experience industry
• Agency-side user experience background
• Client-side experience for a technology brand
• Understanding of design for screen, especially small screens
• Device oriented visual design experience
• Application design experience
• Motion graphics experience, understanding of how motion and transition affects design
• Experience of working with wireframes and design specification documents
• Experience of visualising concepts to demonstrate ideas
Nice to have...
• Multi and cross-platform design experience in any of Mobile, TV, IPTV or in-car UI
• Experience of interaction design and working with interaction designers
• Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Experience leading visual design teams
Project & team management• To be responsible with your team for delivery of the visual design components of a project
• To interface with clients both directly and with the project producer
• To present concepts and ideas to clients of all levels
• To work within your project team under our UX process, UXP™
• To manage your time meticulously, keeping your team members up to date
The tools we use• Design Tools: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, After Effects, Cinema 4D
• Project Management Tools: Basecamp, Jira
Character Requirements• You have passion and hunger for design
• You have an active interest in design, that you live it and its much more than just a job
• Excellent communication/presentation ability, capable of inspiring both colleagues & clients
• You are outgoing, personable, sociable and easy going
• You are open to criticism from your team to benefit project development and understanding
• You are always ready to learn and to share knowledge
• You can deal with pressure and can work in a fast paced environment
Qualifications• Training in design, or relevant field
• Visual, interaction design or arts related degree
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• An attitude of pixel perfect precision in your work